10 Good Reasons NOT To Use A Travel Agent!
There recently have been many articles about the demise and re-incarnation of the Travel Agency Industry. Travel agency bookings have increased more than 5% during the first 3 months of this year alone.
I thought I’d poke fun at a recent article in JAX FAX magazine promoting this trend and list 10 reasons why you should NOT be going to your friendly neighborhood Travel Consultant.
- Convenient One-Stop Shopping—isn’t it more fun to go searching for lodging, ground transportation, activities, tours from multiple sources than with 1 call to your agency.
- Consumer Advocate—when problems occur during your trip they act on your behalf depriving you of the fun trying to reason with the source.
- Expert Guidance—they’ve actually been to the destination you’re considering robbing you of the experience of making the wrong turn.
- Save Time—they’re calling around and doing all the time consuming work of planning a complex itinerary when you were looking forward to that challenge.
- Updated Information—your travel consultant is constantly communicating with the travel community giving you the most updated information concerning your trip and you were looking forward to learning how to.
- Customer Service—agencies offer that “personal touch” offering help and advice that the website cannot provide so you can be anonymous.
- Travel Documentation—preparation and organization of necessary documents, advice on passports and visas just as you were getting into evaluating State Dept Travel Advisories.
- Travel Expertise—not only have these agents probably traveled to you destination but they frequently attend update seminars, which you don’t even know about, put that on your “to do” list.
- Industry Access—they have access to Tour Operators, consolidators who exercise their clout with hotels, resorts to provide such amenities as early check-in, late checkout, room upgrade, dollar resort credits complimentary meals-which you’re not interested in.
- Best Value for Your Money-Agents help you make your money go farther,
And you know best what to do with your money.
But just in case I haven’t convinced you, stop by!